Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #11
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2000 View Post
How does it smoke?

C&D Sanselpolcro in my custom C Pipes poker
Hey Andy, the new pipe smokes great. The bowl is easy to pack since it is a full size bowl, and the draft hole makes the pipe an easy smoker. I also like that it’s a straight pipe so the pipe cleaner passes throug the pipe without having to remove the stem, a plus for me. The pipe also sits on the table without the need of a pipe stand, another plus for me.

Devils Anse pipes are popular since they are usually small and light making them easy on the teeth when clenching. This pipe is a bigger and heavier version of a typical devils anse pipe. The bowl is full size and makes it front heavy making it uncomfortable to clench. I am not one to clench my pipe when I smoke, so this is not a big deal for me. But if you tend to clench pipes, this pipe might be uncomfortable for you.

I have smoked dense flakes like PS LTF and SG BBF that burned a bit hot. Slowing down the draw helped keep the heat down. Smoking dryer and less dense tobaccos like burley shag, and ribbon cut on the dry side kept the pipe from heating up.

Overall it is an excellent smoker. I am extremely happy with this pipe.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote