Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
eagle eyes eric
Herf Meister

First pipe smoke

Well this weekend I was finally able to light up some of the smoke Smorge sent me.

I have to say that I was a little worried at first. Did I pack the bowl correctly, do I have enough (or not) tobacco in there, is it to wet or to dry .... is it going to taste the same as it smells in the pouch?

I don't know the answer to most of those questions but the one thing that I was really surprised with was how it tasted. I have found with the cigars I've smoked you can get a relative small idea on what it going to taste like from the smell. Not with pipe tobacco.

Maybe because of my newbness to it but I was a bit worried about the taste because the smell was a little "weird" I sat there and was astonished at how delicious it was.

My problem was my first initial draws - I am so used to smoking cigars that I really worked at bringing the heat in ...... and then gagged a little. After I got that down I was really impressed with how smooth it was.

One question - do you continually have to relight? I would go a few minutes with it burning smooth and then all of a sudden it was dead and I'd have to relight it. Not a big deal - just wondering if this is normal.

Smorge - again brother - thank you so much.