Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 10-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #11
beevod
Herf God

Love it. After having their fun, they take responsibility for their "moral failings."
Old 10-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #12
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
I know that it's rank speculation, but this is beginning to take on the characteristics of a witch hunt.
he confessed that he did wrong, good for the soul

restaurants are full of people boinking, easy for the boss to get sidetracked...

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:42 AM   #13
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

if your daughter was working and her boss said "you could be a manager, you just need to help me out", and then unzips and yanks out his sous chef what would you do?

being the boss doesn't mean you can plow the field whenever you want and doesn't mean you can turn a blind eye if it is going on

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 10-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #14
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

No, Jeff. I see your point and it is valid. With the rash of reports all over the place, somebody's going to be falsely accused or victimized by a scorned ex.

By virtue of your analogy, how would you feel if you were falsely accused and be tried and ruined in the press? Two extreme sides of the same coin.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:52 PM   #15
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I can't imagine 25 women making the same accusation. And if I wasn't guilty, I would not resign and make a public statement apologizing to my spouse. If he was not guilty his publicist would craft a "John is taking time off and will be pursuing new ventures after a much deserved rest"

Worked for some guys over the years who claimed they were falsely accused. I give them one bite at that apple, but every 3 months hearing the same excuse over another woman, and watching them give free 'massages' to my staff in front of me and I figure if they get de-sacked it is their own fault.

I find Besh a prissy sh!t when he deals with other chefs, but the meal I had at August was close to perfect. Being a great chef doesn't make him Mother Theresa

Old 10-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #16
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

From what I've read on Tiger Droppings, and the quotes there posted from the articles, she was a graphic designer, 22 or so years old; not kitchen or front-of-house staff. With a company of nearly 1,200 people, I doubt he sees the kitchen, very much any more.

Harrah's severed ties over the weekend, and WYES TV, channel 12 in New Orleans pulled all his shows yesterday morning.

He has resigned as head of his own company.

OCR-worthy comment, deleted.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote