Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

The Toraño Tribute 2008

Prelight - I received this cigar from Bruce Lewis who is the Toraño rep on the Toraño BB. This is a robusto sized cigar. The dark brown wrapper reminds me of a good looking chocolate bar. The prelight draw didn't give me any hint of what to expect from this cigar. The black and gold label looked great against the dark wrapper. A nice looking presentation.

Ash & Burn - The ash is solid and has a gayish black color. The burn is not razor sharp but this is not causing any problem.

The Experience - The first think a noticed was the volume of smoke this cigar produced. The smoke filled the air around me almost immediately. The first part of this cigar produced a rich, thick expresso flavor with a ligth chocolate flavor. After the first half inch or so the cigar has mellowed out a little to a more medium strength cigar. The flavor is still coffee and chocolate, but there is an underlying taste I can not place almost a sweetness, maybe from the wrapper. So far this has been a really nice cigar. I don't know but I'd say these have been aged before sending them out, because this is a very smooth cigar, no harshness at all.
Half way through this cigar is more medium bodied but full flavored. There has been a slight nuttiness added which I believe is what I noticed earlier but could not identify. Now, as I finish this cigar the flavor has remained the same. I must say this is a really good cigar.

Conclusion - I would recommend this cigar to anyone who likes a smooth, medium bodied, flavorful cigar. As I was getting to the end of the cigar I was wishing it was a churchill because I wasn't ready for the cigar to end. The only bad thing I can say about this cigar is ( and I don't know this) I'm sure this cigar will be in the $150-$180 range which will put it out of my price range. It's worth it I just can't afford it. I wish I could because I'd surely like to have a box of these.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote