Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
scott1966
Herf Meister

Arganese CL3

I was lucky enough to try a couple of these cigars at my 3rd Annual Long Island, NY Charity Herf yesterday (4/5/08) and what a cigar this is!

First of all, let me tell you that Gene is a first-rate great guy who was nice enough to attend my event and donate an amazing grand prize for my raffle - two people to the D.R. - thank you again Gene!

On to the cigar. This cigar will be available in about 2 months. The CL3 (Corojo Ligero to the 3rd power), the only cigar to the 3rd power, was a torpedo shape full bodied cigar with a beautiful oily reddish-brown wrapper. Upon lighting, you immediately get a complex taste of a creamy, nutty flavor with undertones of twangy black pepper spice. The taste lingers on your palate for a while and the cigar continues on with the twangy spice building ever so slightly. I nubbed two of these cigars back to back and I had plenty of other high-end cigars with me that I could have easily lit-up and smoked this day, but I chose these instead.

Gene stated that the ones he brought to my herf were in his suitcase for a day or so they might be a little dry but I have to say, that if these cigars were this good being a bit dry, I can only imagine how they are going to be with some time in the humidor. Every one that tried this cigar that day really liked the cigar and I had guys that have been smoking for years agree that this was a fantastic cigar. The pricepoint on this cigar will be approx. $7.00 which makes this a great deal for this cigar.

Now if I can only find some more....
scott1966 is offline   Reply With Quote