Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Vegas Cubanas

Yes this is another Pepin cigar and it was the best of his offering I have tried.
I enjoyed the Imperial which is the torpedo size 6 1/8 x 52.

Prelight - The cigar was covered in a medium brown corojo wrapper. There were no noticeable veins or discolored spots. When I clipped the cigar and took a prelight draw I was greeted with a earthy cedar and coffee taste.

Ash and burn - The ash held on nicely. I knocked it off at about the 1 1/2 inch mark. The color of the ash was a gray/black mixture. Burn was nice but not razor sharp, but nothing that caused a problem.

Flavor - This cigar was so good I couldn't believe it. Smooth, flavorful and never harsh. I'd say this is a medium to full bodied cigar with hints of cedar, coffee and light chocolate. Of course it had the pepper at the starat of the smoke but it disappeared after the first 1/4 inch. The rest of the cigar stay consistent and I found the flavor profile to be outstanding.

Conclusion - This was a great cigar. Also this was the first cigar I have nubbed in about 6 months. A truly enjoyable cigar. I can see a box of these in my future. I found out when trying to find someone who sold these of the internet, that these cigars are aged for a year before leaving the factory. This could explain why the are so smooth tasting.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote