Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
mojoe
Herf God

Rocky Patel Decade-10th Anniversary

This is my first review.

I got this cigar as part of a deal offered through CI. It came in a bundle of other RP cigars.

The Rocky Patel Decade commemorates the 10th Anniversary of the Rocky Patel line. It is constructed with Nicaraguan binders and fillers, but what makes this different than all other Rocky Patel smokes is it's wrapper. It is a thick, oily, dark Ecuadorian Sumatra. It is a beautifully constructed cigar the wrapper had no veins on it the end cap was perfect. This one was a 50X7. The prelight draw was just right with a little resistance but not too much.

I lit the cigar and immediately there were massive clouds of white billowy smoke. The first taste was slightly peppery and had a hint of coffee in it. Normally I cant taste stuff like that but this time I did. The cigar burned perfectly all the way to the nub. It had long white ash that I knocked off when they were about 2 inches long and I never had to touch it up. The cigar was spicy and had some hint of wood maybe cedar but not unpleasant. It was a strong cigar. I did get a bit of a buzz from it.

I smoked it down to the nub and almost went to get another from the humi but I was already in the garage smoking that one for about 1 1/2 hours.

This was one of the best cigars I have had in a long time. I plan to get some more if I can.

I recommend it to anyone who likes RP's and likes em kind of strong..

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars..