Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Cigar Smoker's worst nightmare....

Yep. A single beetle was sitting right ontop of one of my AVO XO's. After I looked through the cigars VERY VERY carefully I found where the SINGLE beetle had come from. It was a Casa Torano Torp. I threw that away, and washed my cigar jar (my humidor) twice with hot hot water. Now i'm letting the cigar jar dry.

My question: What is the best route to go from here? The cigars in this jar are FAR too valuable to just pitch. Should I take the risk and see if anything else happens? I wont add anything new to this container until these cigars are all gone....is this the right way to go? Also, should I put the naked cigars into plastic cigar baggies? will this help them?

My hygrometer read 63%...and i know its off by +2. I dont know what would have caused this to happen aside from the fact that we did have warm weather last week. I know this question has been asked/answered before and I"m sorry to bring it up again. I did do a search and it helped me get to where i am currently, but i need more instruction. Thank you everyone.

-Aaron
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote