Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 06:37 AM   #1
Big Jack
Club Member

CAO Brazilia Lambada.....A Big Jack Review

Last night, thanks to the generosity of 2 fine BOTLs, I was able to enjoy one of the new CAO Brazilia Lambadas.

Let me tell you guys now, when these hit the streets......GRAB 'EM!!!!!!

The Toro size really lets you grasp the subtle flavors that get overpowered in some of the other smaller sizes. I'd always liked the Ipanema the best out of the Brazilia line, but didn't always have the time to dedicate to properly enjoy it.

This baby lets you enjoy the full flavor profile of the larger smokes, in just under an hour.

And what a profile it is. From the moment I clipped it, I knew this was gonna be good. I like to clip early in the day, and draw on the unlit cigar throughout the day. Like a beautiful lady, a fine cigar like this should be savored slowly. The pre-light draw on this cigar was sweet, reminding me somewhat of figs, or dates. Already this cigar was surprising me!

When I put the flame to it, the Brazilia flavor came through. I think the larger ring size really helps here. There was a slight spicyness, that never threatened to overpower the more delecate tastes that were coming through.

Some might initially think this is a more mild blend than the smaller sizes, but the strength builds as you smoke it, finishing as a fairly powerful smoke. By building slowly, you get a cigar that is much more interesting and complex cigar than many other in the lineup.

The only "flaw" this cigar had, and it was probably my fault more than the cigars, was that the draw was a little bit tighter than I like. I prefer my cigars in the 62-65% range, and if I'd given this one a chance to "settle in" as I would have normally done, the draw would have been as flawless as the rest of the cigar. It just looked and smelled so good, I couldn't wait!!

This "mid-size" cigar easily holds its own against the larger sizes as well.

On the CW 50 point scale, I give this cigar a solid 47, as follows:

Appearance & Construction: 5
Burn: 4
Draw: 3
Aroma: 5
Flavor: 10
Taste/Aftertaste: 10
Overall Quality: 10

I can't wait to get a few more of these!!!

Who CAN you trust??
Big Jack is offline   Reply With Quote