Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
MountChuck
Club Member

Lito Gomez Small Batch No. 2

Lito Gomez Small Batch No. 2

Size: 6 1/2" x 54
Wrapper: Dominican Republic
Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic

Appearance: 14/15
The Small Batch had a dark chocolate wrapper with thick, prominent veins with a rough cap and uneven head; very oily sheen to it, and a clean foot.

Smoking Characteristics: 24/25
It clipped perfectly with my Xikar despite the uneven head. It lit easily, and produced a medium amount of a smoke with a medium draw. The ash was firm and a light gray. The ash filled in even 1" chunks throughout the smoke. No touch ups or relights were required.

Taste: 23/25
The initial taste was of leather and nuts. Spice kicked in after the first 1". The middle third had licorice and espresso flavors. The final portion had flavors of spice, oak, and a nice, rich earthiness.

Overall: 33/35
A gorgeous, dark cigar that might have more oil than any other cigar I've ever had. The flavors were rich and complex. A medium-full bodied cigar with full flavor, but didn't overpower me with nicotine. One of the best cigars I've had in a while.

Total: 94/100
MountChuck is offline   Reply With Quote