Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
gui_tarzan
Herf God

I didn't forget about you guys, I wanted to let it sit for a while based on a couple of the reviews. I can't argue with the construction or visual appeal, they're both very good. The flavor is definitely mild at the beginning. I wouldn't say it's as mild as a Helix Nat but it's close. So mild in fact that I can draw the smoke into or out through my nose without it burning the crap of of my nasal passages. This is impressive. The flavor is a little tough to describe. I'd say a little bit of young leather with a slightly earthy flavor. This is absolutely tasty!

PRE-SMOKE:
Appearance and Construction: Score: 4 out of 5
Draw: Score: 4 out of 5
Aroma: Score: 4 out of 5

Pre-Smoke Comments:
During my pre-light inspection I noted a couple of very small tears in the wrapper. This could have been partially from the box pass but maybe the wrapper was just weak.

SMOKE:
Flavor: Score: 6 out of 10
Taste/Aftertaste: Score: 8 out of 10

Smoke Comments:
After lighting the cigar I had to wonder if this was a repackaged Helix (again with the Helix reference) but I don't think that would be the case given the source and only because the flavor is so incredibly mild. Bear with me on this next description because it's odd. Some women have a slightly earthy aroma, not bad at all, very pleasant and certainly not dirty but it reminds me of this cigar's aroma. It's almost very mildly musky and is a delight to the palate. At least it is to mine.

I don't note any sweetness in this, it's more woodsy at the halfway point than anything else. This is a very enjoyable cigar for someone who doesn't care for the stronger flavors.

SUMMARY:
Score: 7 out of 10

This is a very nice cigar. I don't believe it would be a "go-to" cigar for me like the FdO is but it is indeed very good.

Thanks for letting me give it a whirl!

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote