Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2004, 10:26 PM   #1
ZachS
Club Member

Good pipe day.

On the third sunday of every month, Steve Books (Portland's resident master blender) holds court at a local public house for anybody who wants to join him for a smoke and a chat about pipes and tobacco. Today I went, and I was very excited because a couple of months ago, I gave him a watch for which I was to recieve a pipe in exchange. He's not allowed to sell or trade his own pipes at the shop he works at and where I usually see him, so it took a while for him to finish his side of the deal. He had told me that he was going to give me a nice black sandblast Stanwell bamboo-shank apple (for a $40 watch), but unfortunately he couldn't find it. Instead I got a light-as-a-feather tan blast Becker & Musico, a billiard w/ a silver military mount. Smokes like a dream, and I have much more need for straights than yet another big ungainly pipe. To top it off, another attendee brought a 20 year old tin of Dunhill Light Flake. It was delicious, and he practically forced me to take about half an ounce home with me.

ZachS is offline   Reply With Quote