Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

TTT trinidad ems robusto

I'd heard all the full this and that, and frankly, this was not the brute I was led to think it would be. It was 3+ years old, and really, a beautiful smoke. it seemed awfully spongy, but really, it was solid, heavy, and perfectly bunched. It drew firmly, and eventually, burned pretty straight with only a bit of touch up, no canoeing or tunneling. Granted, that wrapper flaked terribly on the ash, and it crackled and flaked as the line advanced. an odd note is that the cigar, every time I dropped the ash, had a perfectly flat face, without the usual cone, or tunnel/hollow spot. wrapper and filler burned at an even pace.

It was, very full flavored. I was expecting burn and harsh, but got none of that stuff at all. At first light, it was bitter, but a few minutes into it, it just settled into a slightly burnt vegetation taste with a hint of nutmeg like twang to it. it was only about 3/8 of an inch, and the aroma bloomed into a sweet, occasionally fruity and potent mix of sensations, and slightly afterwards, it burst out with powerful black pepper taste.

All things considered, that was very different from most anything I can recall lately. Powerful flavors, and it absolutely flooded me with delicious, sweet, tobacco aroma. The black pepper was a lovely treat, and it counterpointed the fruity sweetness nicely. it retained that slight bitterness all the way through, but not in a bad way, it was just another component in a well balanced thing.

90 flavor, 90 appearance, and 88 for construction, only because it flaked all over me
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
SmoKerch
Herf God

Nice review!

Glad you enjoyed it, but I've never had a TTT that got above medium in body and flavor, and the quantity of smoke was always disappointing.

Considering the price level, I'm glad they were always part of a "freebie" or sampler when I've had them. I'm not likely to actually buy some.

YMMV

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
gui_tarzan
Herf God

I'm actually enjoying a TTT cammie right now that I got from the Altadis rep a couple of weeks ago. They aren't anything to write home about, but they are a good smoke for the money in my opinion. This one has lots of smoke and I would consider it medium but certainly not full. Time must help them if Brian's is any indication.

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
SmoKerch
Herf God

Maybe I should try the cammie or the maduro.

A little extra oomph and/or spiciness is just what I think they need.

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #5
Gene
Club Member

Occasionally I'll light up a TTT Mini-Belicoso. They're harsh ROTT, but let them sit for awhile and they round off into a great smoke.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
bsslack
Herf Meister

My experiences mirror Gene's.

Brand new they can be a Brusce smoke. The EMS is also my preferred Wrapper. The Maduro seems to hold on to that rough profile a bit too long. The Cami? I've never had one to my recollection?

These can be had at OK prices, one just needs to rest them for an appropriate length of time. Lately though, there are plenty of cigars that are Fine right from the get go, that my patience for sitting and waiting on the others to become smokable, has waned. The cool thing now is, that there are so many "good right now" cigars that I rarely invest in the "see ya next year or so" Domestic cigars.

I remember the Original ads for the Domestic Trinidad's "Are You Man Enough?" Yeah, OK that's a big hint right there.

Cheers!

slack

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
gold3409

Nice review. One thing I have always found consistant about TTT is their construction. Always a well built, solid smooth stick.