Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2002, 10:55 AM   #1
Jimdandee

This cigar is fresh from Miami, where it was made.

It has a nice looking medium chestnut brown wrapper.
The cigar is well constructed with a uniform fill and no soft spots.
The draw is very good.
The cigar smokes well...has nice flavors of spice and slight earthiness. This cigar is not as bold as they used to be..and to my palate there is a slight harshness that comes through.
The ash is the typical flakey ash that ruined so many of my shirts for so many years...lol.( I smoked 4 to 5 boxes of these a month for years back in the early to mid 90's)
Overall...this is an okay cigar....I like this much more than the SeriesR version...but in my humble opinion..these LGC today a no where near as tastey as they were back in the early to mid 90's. Will I buy more? I don't think so. The slight harshness I get from it may go away with age...but I aint waiting aroud to find out...too many other great gars out there today to bother doing that!

PS...Even though this review sounds less than great...anyone out there who has not tried LGC...do yourself a favor and try some..the EnCedro is a killer cigar as well as the Churchill with a maduro wrapper...it's just this Corona Gorda that disappointed me this morning!