Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
tonpax

Bought my first pipe yesterday

Been a cigar smoker for ten years and over the past 6 months, I've just slowed down from 1 cigar per day to 1 per month. I just have had burn out I guess and haven't been enjoying them at all like I used to.

I started researching pipes last week and curiousity as well as how good looking some of the pipes are got to me and I went out and bought a Bjorne Viking Classic I guess. I had the local B and M owner pick it out for me.

Anyway, the first bowl wasn't that great and I was a bit dissappointed but not anywhere near ready to set judgement. I waited another hour, packed another bowl and that was better.

At the end of the night, I packed a 3rd bowl and went for a walk at around 11pm. That was by far the best one and I didn't want to set it down.

The B and M owner picked an aromatic blend with 'London' on the front of the pack. I went with aromatic as it's far different than the typical cigars.

Aside from a taste in my mouth this morning that made me rush to the toothbrush, I'm pretty happy with the new purchase and really looking forward to trying different blends and seeing what's out there.
tonpax is offline   Reply With Quote