Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:59 PM   #1
Christofori
Starting Member

Humidor supreme limited edition 2000

I found a humidor supreme limited edition 2000, in the local adverts, locking lid but a draw at the bottom that doesn't lock.

Spanish Cedar lined, with 2 dividers in the bottom section, and a tray with 2 dividers above.

It came with 1 key instead of the 2 originals, and a couple of minor marks on the lid, that may buff out with a little polish. It has a cheap round analog hygrometer, but no humidifiers.

Does anyone have any experience with this specific humidor, and what numbers it will hold, with or without the tray?

I'm going to buy a digital hygrometer, some humidifiers and PG from the local Tinder Box, please offer suggestions of suitable sized humidifiers, one of the lower section and one to go in the lid or tray, what works best for this size of humidor?

George Dennison Prentice
Christofori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

Yes, I have this one and have been using it since 2001. It's a great humidor. It keeps humidity well and will hold 50 churchills easily with the tray out. It would probably hold more except I keep a hygrometer and a container of beads in it also.

Be careful trying to sand out the scratches in the finish. It is very thin. I suggest using Murphy's soap oil for dark finishes or maybe a stain pen in the correct color.

Good luck with it, and welcome to CW.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:33 AM   #3
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I had one of these back in the day. It was a good looking humidor and it held humidity well. It just wasn't big enough, so I sold it and bought an Aristocrat.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:38 AM   #4
Christofori
Starting Member

Thanks Smokestack Jake for the information, I picked it up for, (what I feel is), a reasonable $30.00!

I was looking online for any original instructions from the manufacturer, but all the links I could find led to dead websites, do you happen to have a real copy that came with your humidor? If you do would you possibly be able to take pictures of them and email me the images?

I've already decided that this one will have to be my desktop humidor, and I'm thinking of adding a coolidor, (or two), for general storage.

Thanks.

George Dennison Prentice

Last edited by Christofori; 05-23-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
Christofori
Starting Member

So I bought a couple of these xikar humidifiers.

To go in this Humidor

But you can't fit image 1 into image 2 with the draw in place in image 2! Dumb mf that I am I bought the Xikars at $8.99 per, from the local B&M, and the 2oz Xikars are $6.99 per. $17.98 for 8 oz or $27.96 for 8 oz what a choice!

So I went to WalMart and bought 2 of these;

And drilled the tops full of holes, then filled the two of them with the Xikar mix from 1 x 4 oz tub, put them together and inserted them into image 2.

First attempt has the holes a little smaller than needed, going to increase the hole size this evening and we will see what we will see, but the travel tooth brush holders do fit, one in the bottom layer and 1 in the tray and they were only a buck a piece, so $19.98 and ten minutes drilling holes instead of $27.96 work for me.

George Dennison Prentice