Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 07-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #501
macsauce13
Club Member

We're going simple tonight with something we've come to love. I call it caprese salad pasta.

I cube soft, moist mozzarella, cut cherry tomatoes in half, and wilt some spinach. I then layer those ingredients with bite sized pasta and drizzle balsamic vinaigrette in each layer. Salt and pepper.

So simple, so delicious. A tasty balsamic is key.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #502
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

The pho went over well last night. Tonight is pork, braised in onions and apples. Add salt, pepper, garlic and thyme. Cover it and let it braised until the pork falls apart. Easy and satisfying.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #503
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

leftover beef from last night, tomorrow I am on the road and did went to the crapper late, so I went simple... slice the beef, sear it, eat it.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #504
DSturg369
Club Member

Tonight was fried catfish, hybrid bass, and shellcracker bream, with hushpuppies and steak fries. Little squeeze of lemon and washed all down with fresh homemade lemonade.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #505
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Skyline chilli tonight. Ceviche tomorrow. Got hot deals on shrimp, bay scallops and cod. Haven't made it in years.

Unborn lives matter too.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #506
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

enjoy the ceviche

dry aged beef was on sale today so it is a NY Strip, corn on the cob (it is the season) and a potato. Wine likely to be a really off the wall Spanish red from Murietta.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 07-18-2018, 07:32 AM   #507
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

last night was pasta with langostines and garlic white wine sauce

tonight is cod, recipe TBD

Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #508
macsauce13
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
last night was pasta with langostines and garlic white wine sauce

tonight is cod, recipe TBD
I did cod last night. We're watching carbs, so we just did grilled asparagus with it.

I season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, red chili powder, parsley, and olive oil. Grilled for 5 minutes or so.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #509
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I am leaning toward lemon and garlic, simple pan roast. Quick and easy, plus it will make a good lunch tomorrow. Tomorrow's dinner is likely chicken paprakash

Old 07-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #510
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

They've discontinued it, but Weber made a mango lime seafood seasoning that I really like. Put your fish in a dish, liberally apply lime juice and seasoning and bake until flaky. I like it so much that when I learned that it was being discontinued and at closeout prices, I drove to every Publix store within a 15 mile radius and bought them all out. Still have many bottles of it and it makes for a nice light lunch.

The other seasoning blend that is always on my shelf is Zeus Greek seasoning. It's salt free, which allows me to control the saltiness (Cavanders is way too salty for me) and the seasoning level. I almost never have leftovers when I use it on chicken or fish. It's even good on salmon.

Unborn lives matter too.