Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:30 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Bachelor Weekend

I love my wife of 25 years, I do. She leaves today visiting relatives in North Carolina for the weekend. I love these rare moments, love'em! I will be herfing my ass off going to the LCS hanging out and having buddies over for grilled chow, adult beverages, firepit and telling lies. No questions to answer or kids to run here and there, pure man-bliss.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
beevod
Herf God

Enjoy! (She's going to be angry that you posted this in OCR.)
Old 07-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
KatDad
Herf God

The wife and I are going on 42 years and I still look forward to the occasional "get out of jail free card" so to speak. Got one coming up in a couple of months when a group of us are heading to Nashville for the K-State vs. Vanderbilt football game. Football road trips are the best!

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:25 PM   #4
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

I'm gonna be batchin it next weekend too! The wife will be off to see the daughters Friday thru Sunday. It's gonna be just me and the dog!

Oops, not next weekend, the weekend after, starting the 28th.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatDad View Post
The wife and I are going on 42 years and I still look forward to the occasional "get out of jail free card" so to speak. Got one coming up in a couple of months when a group of us are heading to Nashville for the K-State vs. Vanderbilt football game. Football road trips are the best!
Oooooh, that sounds like fun.
You should hit up Pogophiles in Nashville. Longtime member, great guy.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:54 AM   #6
bigw
Club Member

When my wife goes to visit her family I think the same thing..Except I pass out on the couch half naked by 830 PM
Old 07-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
tfkirk1
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatDad View Post
Had season tix to PSU for 27 years (gave them up in 2000) think I missed my first 7 anniversary weekends on road trips. Needless to say I have a very understanding wife. I warned her before we got hitched she would be a widow come football season.

PS: she still is a widow
tfkirk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:58 AM   #8
jeepdad
Club Member

It was absolutely satisfying. Friday I was with buddies until the LCS closed. Saturday, I cut grass, herfed, rode my bike to two breweries I hadn't been to before. Sat evening some buddies came over, one brought some tuna he caught in the Outerbanks (NC) with a rub he concocted with a wasbi aoli. Damn it was good. Another buddy brought huge ribeyes and Scotch. We ate surf and turf until bloated then sat around the firepit until the wee hours. Farting unapologetically and laughing and enjoying premium cigars like we were rock stars. Sun morning rode down to a local breakfast place that also has a screened in porch complete with fans for a post breakfast herf. Sunday ended with a herf and a delicious Russian Imperial stout my neighbor brewed. Rare time indeed

I hope your respective reprieves are as satisfying.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdad View Post
It was absolutely satisfying. Friday I was with buddies until the LCS closed. Saturday, I cut grass, herfed, rode my bike to two breweries I hadn't been to before. Sat evening some buddies came over, one brought some tuna he caught in the Outerbanks (NC) with a rub he concocted with a wasbi aoli. Damn it was good. Another buddy brought huge ribeyes and Scotch. We ate surf and turf until bloated then sat around the firepit until the wee hours. Farting unapologetically and laughing and enjoying premium cigars like we were rock stars. Sun morning rode down to a local breakfast place that also has a screened in porch complete with fans for a post breakfast herf. Sunday ended with a herf and a delicious Russian Imperial stout my neighbor brewed. Rare time indeed

I hope your respective reprieves are as satisfying.
Holy moly.
Then you woke up?
That sounds fantastic.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote