Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
Herfin Bigdog
Herf Meister

Have No Fear…The New Palio Cutter Is As Good As The Old. I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoby
Quote:
Originally Posted by vudu9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasch_24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vudu9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbuck
I don't know where your shop got those "Palio" cutters from but they can't be the real deal as the new ones are just now being shipped. These are supposed to be the real deal just like the originals.
I've sold about 60 Palio cutters out of my store and trust me, they were the "real deal." The official and only distributor for Amyx-Christie is/was Miami Cigar and Co. The latest batch that came through about a six weeks ago were of inferior quality to the Amyx-Christie models made in the USA. I wound up sending back 16 cutters because they mangled every cigar I cut. I will not carry Palio cutters until they perform as good as the originals. And yes, Dmoby is correct. I did receive a catalog not but two weeks ago displaying a "Chinese knockoff" Palio cutter for a $1.25! Bummer.
Were the latest batch from Brother of The Leaf L.L.C.?

Please note I am not affiliated with this company in any way.
No. the last batch was from MCCo. I just spoke to Mark of Palio and he cleared up a few things.
1. The batch that came in from MCCo. was just a plain issue of quality control with the old owners. Apparently, there was a faint upward curl in one of the blades that caused these to tear the caps.
2. The cutters are still made in the US with proprietary patents on the composition of the cutter casing consisting of iron and resin.
3. The blades are still 440 surgical steel.
4. They are still guaranteed for life under normal usage, that means cutting cigars, not guitar strings!

Mark (BOTL llc) Has convinced me that the cutter and all future products from Palio will be of the highest quality and exactly what we are all looking for.

Thanks for the talk Mark.

Dion Giolito
F U M A R E
Good to here, but proof is in the pudding, so they say.
Well dmoby, here is your proof.

I am one of probably not too many that have been in the position to have been able to use both the old Palio, made while under the previous ownership of Amyx-Christie and the current cutter made for the owner of the new Palio, Brother of The Leaf LLC.

I am hear to say that the Palio cutters made under the new ownership of Brother of The Leaf LLC is a damn fine cutter. It cuts as equally well if not better than the original cutters. My cutter has been put through a rigorous test these last few weeks and I am pleased to say that it passed with flying colors.

I highly recommend this cutter to anyone who is tired of the El Cheapo cutters and is looking to spend not a significant amount, but wants to spend some extra $$$ to get a quality cutter. You won't be sorry that you bought a Palio.

To me, a cigar is more than a good smoke; it is a way of life. I love them! And it killed George Burns at 100, so don't give me any crap about health! -- Bert Sugar, Sports Writer
Herfin Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote