Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Civilization - going or gone?

I fear for our country when all of the great ones in the arts, ie. music, film, literature, painting etc. are gone. There will be nobody to replace them, unless you think people like Kanye West and Miley Cyrus and the rest of the no talent assheads will save us. I fear for the country because when the arts go away so does civilization. It is a very slippery slope then to a totalitarian dictator and I think that Trump wants that and he is going for it so watch out. But I do not want this to be about politics so that is all I will say.

Young people have always been the ones who buy the records, cd's, downloads etc. They buy what they hear and they play what they hear. And what they are hearing today is complete crap. They do not know what it is like to have good music. It is sort of hard to relate to that but try to put yourself in a teenager's position. All they know is crappy ass hip hop, bad attempts at 70's style rock, heavy metal that is just some guy trying to sing like Satan and has no hooks or riffs to it, American Idol and basically enough crap to cover the whole world. This frightens me.