Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Indian Mysore Chikmagalur

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike787 View Post
Has anyone tried this Indian Mysore Chikmagalur?

It's from the Burmann specials email.
In the past, I've really enjoyed Indian Mysore coffees, so I figured I'd give this one a whirl. From the blurb on the Burman web site:

Quote:
Year in to year out, this is always one of our most popular coffees, at times we have trouble keeping it in stock!

Mysore coffees are the best known and the most popular of all Indian coffees, they posses good body and snappy acidity. The overall taste profile is very unique, with spicy overtones. These spicy overtones come from the cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves and pepper that grow alongside the coffee trees.

This lot is full bodied, with a rich full taste and moderate acidity. Very interesting and exotic, I like to roast this coffee a little darker, just into the second crack.
I took the first roast of this bean just to the cusp of second crack, and it came out just a touch on the light side. I was a little skeptical about the claims of spice flavors coming from plants grown adjacent to the coffee, but I'm actually getting very subtle hints of kitchen spices with a faint touch of mint on the aftertaste. Definitely full-bodied, very clean, restrained acidity, nicely balanced.

I'll take the next batch a little darker, just into second crack, and see what that does. I'm thinking this is a nice change of pace coffee that will go into rotation with the Bob-O-Link, Kintamani, etc.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote