Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Vital Spark
Starting Member

The Speyside Trail

Seems like years since I last posted but I'm home for a bit & having just got back from my annual week on the Speyside Whisky Trail thought I would see what all you guys are up too. I see Doug in print again. Just for you Doug I took my Field Guide with me. Now everyone on Speyside has heard of you but some of them don't quite agree with your opinions unless it shows them in a good light! In case any of you are thinking of doing the trail don't miss Glenfarclas (The least known but still the top distillery for me) The room where you do the tasting is taken from The Empress of Austrailia & their 10yo is the best dram for the price anywhere. The nicest people too. This year I visited Taylors Cooperage. Everybody except Glenlivet get their barrels from Taylors of Speyside & I won't miss it again. Just to see them refurbish a cask was an eye opener. On the subject of The Glenlivet I have had a problem with their 15yo French Oak Reserve. The cork is too small & the bottle does not travel well. It leaks!! They have replaced of course but it keeps happening. Going on too long so finally, Doug if you want to see a few of my Pics from the trip let me know the old Pack Horse Bridge with an American on it!!