Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
N99
Herf Meister

LFD Double Ligero Especial (Churchill) Oscuro

Smoked this after dinner tonight, WOW, what a smoke. First one ever. Pre light draw on this beautiful oscuro was very good, a bit on the loose side. Mucho spice on the light with hot pepper tobacco flavors.

Getting into the cigar the flavors developed into a spicy melange of hot peppers, mocha espresso and a slight hint of maduro sweetness. Ash was a bit flaky but burn was even. The oiliness of the cigar was incredible and I had to purge a few times as it would tend to put itself out readily. Every time I purged the spice would overtake the other flavors a bit but even out as smoked. Strength! I could feel the strength in my stomach and head, I haven't smoked something this strong since my first JDNA 1970 churchill, if possible the LFD was stronger and more flavorfull, definitely more complex. Towards the nub the mocha espresso flavors came out full on and remained to the end. Finish was spicy and sweet. Now I am sleepy. G'night.

Appearance - 9.0
Flavor - 10.0
Burn - 9.0
Construction - 9.0
Finish - 9.0

Overall - 92 Wow, what an excellent Cigar. I am a LFD Kool-aid convert.

edit to add the proper name in the topic header
N99 is offline   Reply With Quote