Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 AM   #13
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
The Lagavulin was particularly memorable, especially when I bought it duty free at Heathrow. It was almost affordable at that price, but completely out of reach now that it's being imported to the States.
I can remember nabbing a couple of bottles of the Lagavulin Distillers Edition at the Duty Free years ago (when crossing over into the US) for CDN$50 a pop.

Currently, the same whisky goes in my neck of the woods for over CDN$150 a bottle! (And the 12-year old cask strength release is even pricier now.)

For those on a tighter budget, the 12-year old Sherry Cask Matured bottling from BenRiach Distillery is a more than decent option. (It's 46%ABV, too.)