Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
gui_tarzan
Herf God

Tatuaje Anarchy

Tatuaje Anarchy

Appearance: A beautiful dark brown, a nice sheen and very few veins. Construction was firm but not hard, no lumps. It was a little soft at the foot but firm the rest of the way.

Pre-light Aroma: Nada. Zip. Zero. A touch of spice, more toward the pepper side but hardly any aroma at all.

Cap: A very neat coil that reminded me of a cinnamon roll. That was a nice touch.

Pre-light Draw: This was also very good. It didn't take too much effort, just enough.

Light-up: I toasted the foot and was rewarded with a mild, peppery sense in my nose more like a white pepper than a freshly ground black pepper.

Smoke: Not too much at the beginning with this one which surprised me a little. As I get into it it's starting to produce a bit more.

Burn: Unlike the 7th Capa Especial, this has less of a straight burn but isn't tunneling. The ash is a medium mottled grey and stays put well. This cigar is much heavier than it looks, hinting at a plentiful amount of leaf without having any draw problems. I've had to re-light several times once I got near the halfway point and it's starting to get a metallic taste to it. As dense as this roll is, I wondered if I would have to do that and I have. As well, the volume of smoke has increased quite a bit.

Flavor: This reminds me of more a woody, earthy flavor with just enough pepper and chewy on the back end. The Habano wrapper reminds me more of a maduro in taste and has a stronger finish that reminds me of a Nica Libre but not quite as heavy. Although this has more of a one-dimensional mild flavor at the start, about an inch into it the strength picks up quite a bit. It tastes like it could use some aging as it gives me the impression that it hasn't had time for the characteristics of the different leaves to meld.

Overall this is a cigar I would probably let rest for several months to see if it would bring out any additional flavors and also to see if it tames the overall dark flavor. I might be generous giving this a five out of ten but not because it's bad, it just doesn't have the complexity of some others.

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote