Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2016, 08:53 AM   #1
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

CI's Make Me an Offer

CI is running a special Make Me an Offer deal with lots of different cigars to just from. Last night I put in a bid for La Aurora 1495 Series Churchill, 2 boxes, at $50 a box. The MSRP is $199/box, but these sell regularly for less than $75 and I've bought boxes of these previously for $50, although I haven't found them that low in a while.

This morning I received email rejecting my bid and saying that I'm "way off." I didn't bother resubmitting a bid because I'm not going to pay what they're looking for.

Later, I went back to see what else they had and I saw that they had Punch Rare Corojo Pita's up for bid. Now I know that Punch stuff is rarely on sale, so I figured I'd be reasonable. Boxes usually sell for $115, so I put in a bid for $90. I've never seen them that low. Surprisingly, they accepted my offer, which makes me think I should have gone lower. But I'm happy. $90 is a good price for these. I went to go back and bid for another box, but they're all sold out now.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote