Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
Maccabee

IPCPR Cigar: Golfers blend

Torpedo
Pre-light: I saw some veins but the rest seemed ok. It had a light brown color, and sounded nicely hydrated; that good sound of tobacco as I rolled it in my fingers. Smelled kind of sweet and creamy.

Post-light: lit fast, cut just as easily. I think this would be easy to burn.
The flavor was great. I got coffie and cream notes; maybe some wood and cashew as well. It had a very slight sweetness in the background or maybe it was just the cream I was getting. Loved the flavor notes on this. The ash really hung on. The burn was even all the way.

The label was good too brown, gold, and green. It's not over the top, but catches the eye.

Now, I was looking to give a perfect review or rating, but some bad news.
Half way the leaf cracked and began to unravel.
So that lost points. Also, there was not much smoke, in order to judge aroma. The draw was a tad tight but opened up.
So lost some aroma, quality, and construction. That said, loved the flavor and sensation. A good relaxing smoke but can't let those other things go by so I say a 34. If I smoked another, and same things happen the score would drop more but if it is just this smoke it has the potential to go up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-18-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote