Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2002, 04:02 AM   #1
Mayhem
Club Member

http://www.mdcigars.com/mdbundles.htm

Disclaimer: I usually rest any cigars I get in the mail for at least 2 weeks or longer. I do so because I am a firm believer in "Travel Shock", and because it drives Savant up the wall that I can use that much restraint. I've had the cigar(s) in question for about 4 days now. I kept them in their baggies that they came in, at room temperature.

Mike at MD Cigars was nice enough to send me a sampler pack of various Naked Bundle Cigars. Here is my first review of them:

Pre-Light: Nicely constructed with a veiny wrapper. A little soft in the squeeze test, but not bad. Pre-light draw was completely effortless.

Smoking: Again, an effortless draw and a very gratifying volume of smoke. Very smooth. Could tell that it was a H2000 wrapper (which I am a definite fan of). Decent blend, but a bit on the mild side. It really needed the spice of the H2000 wrapper to give it some character. If I had any input to the manufacturer, I would recommend this very same blend in a smaller ring gauge, say 43. A little tang at mid-palette, which I found pleasing. Burn got uneven at times, but slowing down on the puffing was all it took to correct itself. No touchups were needed, but I did so once, because I was at a boring part of the movie I was watching. Nice finish, which is my way of saying, "I nubbed it."

Conclusion: Damn good cigar. At $39 a bundle, I'd say it's the next Connie 84 waiting to happen. It could have been a little "heavier" but, (a) it is a bundle cigar and (b) I haven't aged it at all. Who knows what a month or two in my own controlled environment would have done for it. I will probably be able to answer that myself in the near future. I still have others from MD to review, before I make up my mind about any potential purchases, but I have the feeling Mike will be getting an order from me soon.

You may ask yourself WWTD? Me? I wonder WWHD???