Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

Tres Reynas Torpedo

This was a gift from one of my cigar buddies from my local shop, and I really didn't know anything about it beforehand.
A gorgeous cigar classic belicoso shape with a dark oily wrapper, very smooth. It had a nice feel to it, firm with just the right amount of "give" when squeezed a bit, outward appearance would indicate solid construction.
Clipped the end and took a little pre-light draw.....nice and easy, but not too loose. The draw gave me a little hint of the flavor to follow, a very nice mixture of coffee and cocoa with a little sweetness.
Lighting this up, I was a little surprised at the nice nose tingle I got from the spiciness....I was not expecting that. My first impression was "I'm gonna LIKE this!". A good amount of spice & pepper at the front end, but not so much "in your face"....just enough to get your attention. Pretty quickly the coffee & cocoa flavors started coming forward with the spice situated nicely in the background. About an inch into the smoke it had settled into a very tasty profile of cocoa with a bit of sweetness, with that pepper/spice that I like so much in the background just enough to hold my attention. The burn on this was straight and true from start to finish, producing nice clouds of smoke which gave me a nice nose tingle adding to the enjoyment. I would consider this cigar to be "medium" in strength, and pretty full on the flavor scale.....if that makes sense? One big plus I found with this cigar was the finish in that last inch. It never became harsh or bitter, but kept that nice flavor profile all the way to the end. I would definitely smoke more of these. A delightful, medium bodied, flavorful cigar!

P.S. After smoking this I was curious to know some "details" ......here is what I found:
  • Country of Origin: Nicaragua
  • Factory: My Father Cigars S.A.
  • Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
  • Binder: Nicaragua
  • Filler: Nicaragua