Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2002, 06:55 AM   #1
MavEric

I bought a bunch of these from Fullers Pullers 6 months ago. I hated the first one I tried, buried them in the bottom of my Gettysburg for 6 months, and tried one last weekend. Now I can't stop smoking them! :
These are semi-toothy, dark brown robustos with small veins. I can catch glimmers of oil crystals shimmering in the wrapper when I spin the cigar.
I've aged these in cello and am assaulted with a strong barnyard smell when I open and clip them. They're all firmly packed with a good draw. However, they burn a little too hot in the center ring and they also tend to tunnel unless you keep a vigilant watch.
These have an ERDM-flavor with an added whiskey barrel taste. Mouth filling flavors build to an earthy, Partagas-like-pencil lead taste. Towards the end, I pick up a subtle bit of cocoa off the wrapper. They're never boring- smoothly full bodied- fairly strong cigars that force you to sit back, relax and enjoy them. They have a very long finish that I can still taste the next morning!
MavEric is offline   Reply With Quote