Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
FredJ_VI
Club Member

Cuba Aliados Fuerte - Toro

I was fortunate enough to win three of these in a contest that the Reyes Family was running. I gave two of them to friends of mine and kept one for myself. Yesterday at a local B&M one of my friends asked if I had tried it and I replied - not yet. He mentioned that he tried it a couple days ago and thought it was a real good cigar.

Last evening after supper, I decided to try the Cuba Aliados Fuerte ... to see if I'd concur with what my friend told me.

The construction was almost flawless. It had a nice dark oily looking wrapper with several small veins being visible. The burn was good and it had a very nice 'easy' draw with plenty of smoke. The taste is what I really enjoyed the most ... a nice slightly spicey flavor with some hints of chocolate. This was not a weak cigar by any means nor was it over powering. I'd say it was mild to medium in strength. I'd compare the strength too being something similar to that of an HdM Excalibur (yeah, baby). It seemed to change flavor profile just a little in the middle and then the spicyness and great aroma returned to finish with a bang. This is the first different Reyes Family cigar that I tried other then my usual Puros Indios. I really enjoyed it and concur with what my friend stated ... 'it is a real good cigar'. I'm glad I had the opportunity to try this new cigar and will be on the lookout for them.

I think a lot of you will really enjoy them.

PS: The only negative comment which we both observed while smoking the cigar was that it was a little 'harsh' in the beginning. Maybe the first 1/4 - 1/2 inch ... but then smoothed right out. I'm not sure if this is because of the way I stored them or if it may have something to do with the age of the cigar.

Anyway, if I thought it 'sucked' I'd tell you

Obviously that was not the case.

Congratulations to the Reyes Family on introducing a new 'fine' cigar to the world.
FredJ_VI is offline   Reply With Quote