Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
Churchill

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake

Wrapping up my second bowl of this new find. I'm liking this one a lot. Probably will become a regular in the rotation and a go to pipe leaf. First of all the flavor is very smooth for a Virginia/Perique (VaPer). No bite whatsoever. Most folks seem to attribute that to the small center of black cavendish that gives this blend it's name. It imparts an elusive sweet note to the bowl and definitely smooths out the rough edges that most VaPers exhibit. I do not like cavendish blends. It is masterfully hidden here and makes only a supporting appearance in the profile. The flavor notes I get are nutty and fresh cut hay...similar to the unique Cuban Cohiba note that myself and others have observed. The perique gives the blend a spicy zing that elevates the whole affair. Last night I rubbed it out. Today I folded and stuffed 2 coins. I will rub it out moving forward. Better burn, less "tending" to the bowl.

Now the best part. Value. I paid $8 for 2oz. bulk at a local retailer. To give some perspective on that, the 2oz. fills a small Mason jar and will provide many (Well over a dozen. Maybe 2 dozen) smokes. $8 buys 1 good cigar.

The blender really hit the ten ring with this one! (sorry, couldn't resist) If you are on the fence about picking up a pipe or resuming the habit, this would be a nice place to begin.