Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #1
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Sobramesa Corona Gordo

Had one at the cigar lounge with John yesterday. Really nice dark wrapper. Little veining. Smelled of Earth and coffee out of the cello. Prelight draw was smooth, so I expected good construction. Lit nicely, but I had to correct it after the first couple of draws, it burned razor straight from then.

First draw: WHOA!!! This cigar is not for newbies. As strong as it is from the beginning, the ligero content must be heavy and the filler is top leaf quality. From the first draw, heavy spice. Really heavy. I was already impressed in the first half inch.

The spice kept getting stronger and stronger. I could hardly believe that I was smoking tobacco. Burn is still razor sharp and I'm only tapping the ash every inch or so. Was drinking bottled water with it, but it could hold up to a barrel strength bourbon or Scotch, a strong cup of coffee or even an extra stout beer.

I smoked it until it was burning my mustache and my fingers on the edge of crisping.

Definitely within the top 3 cigars of 2017. If you like full bodied cigars and with a strong punch, you owe it to yourself to try one. In this instance, the hype is real and maybe not even enough praise. Steve Saka, you hit this one out of the park.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote