Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
Maccabee

EZRA ZION: All My Exes

First i want to say i graded using a grading guide called "cigar Journal" the copy right in the book is by Scott Rossell; he gives a 100 point grading scale that I used.
This review is subject to being updated (later today at the latest) as i have only smoked one so far but want to get a second in just to see if i need to change anything.
I will try and make this as detailed as possible, if you want to skip the commentary just head to the end and the rating will be there.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Blend Profile (from cigar Co-op: http://cigar-coop.com/2015/06/cigar-...ll-my-exs.html)

All my EX’s is the first Ezra Zion cigar to use an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
Binder: Not Disclosed
Filler: Nicaragua Corojo and Nicaraguan Criollo
__________________________________________________ _________

My first Ezra Zion was the Eminence, Tantrum, and FHK. All were good cigars, but i realy enjoyed the Eminence and Tantrum and was looking forward to seeing what they would bring out next. Well, that was a long while ago and i was smoking other cigars, but when i saw the release of "all my exes" I thought "ok, time to get back with Ezra" so i hopped onto the internet, and found a dealer; i called...and then he said no we do not sell those. so i had to order mine online. AME (all my exes) comes in three vitolas: Robusto, Toro, Lancero.
I choose the Lancero. I really like a Lancero and i do not see them around very often at all and normally get a Robusto, so a change was welcomed.

So, there is the set up now onto the cigar itself.
Look - Label & Condition: I gave no points for the look of the label as it was really simple. I really do not care much about labels as to if i enjoy a cigar, but when review it is something i like to give some kind of point for, but this was just simply white and black, with "republic of Texas" on it. It is not something that stand out, or seems to have much thought into it. that said the condition of the cigar scored well. It looked superb. It appeared to be well hydrated, no holes, well wrapped, and smooth. I did not see an loose tobacco or any mold. it was a beautiful dark color. (good dark brown.) 7/7
Feel: now looks are great but the feel and touch is more helpful. To me cigars normally look great, then you feel them and things change. For this one i think is was too soft. it was not a complete sponge but softer than i believe it should be. this did not ruin it for me, but it is enough to take one point away. 2/3
Aroma: This is my second favorite part, the aromas. When i took in the aroma what i got was tea, a strong tea and flower scent. I love these scents and i got really excited about lighting this guy up. 3/3
Cut,Light, Draw: these are each graded by itself but i threw them all together here. It cut very well, not unraveling or anything. it Lit up with out any problem, and finally the draw was was a good, full, loose draw. I hate tight draws, so i was very happy with this one. 7/7
Nose (retro): Now, i really enjoy being able to retro a cigar, and dislike it when a cigar is so harsh or strong i cant do it without crying. This cigar...was amazing. It was good and smooth, and all the notes of this cigar really came out with the retro. 9/9
Flavor: This has got to be one complex smoke, and the reason i want to smoke another to see if i will update. I was smoking this and consistently stopping to think "Did i just get a taste of..." It has a good spice to it, not very powerful but really adds to the flavor. The first 1/3 or so i got tea and a hint of nuts. As the smoke went on, about half way, i started getting cream, coffee, and leather. It was paradise for me, all the flavors i enjoy in a cigar. Also, not one note of bitter after taste. it was a joy to smoke and see what notes i can find. Once again, i want t smoke another just to see if i was imagining this as i do not think i have had to many cigars with so many different flavors coming out of it. (7x3: 21)
Burn: the burn was a little uneven, and it kept trying to go out and tunnel. I had to fix it a few times to prevent it form tunneling or going out. this may have been to over hydration, as like i said at the start it felt a too soft. 1/2
Aroma: the smoke the came off of this stick was also great. I loved the smell of it, and the amount it produced. 7/7
Ash: the ash was a nice gray, that hung on for about a half-inch to an inch. 1/1
Sensation: I would say this cigar is a strong medium. The sensation i got was nice and relaxed, but i could tell if i had to smoke another right their i would be in dizzy land. SO, it is right where i like it when i want a good strong smoke without puking. (3x10: 30)
Finally no loose tobacco all the way through 7/7

So, after all is said and done this guy got a 95/100 (A)
This is going to be a favorite of mine. The price is not too bad, the strength is not over powering, and the body is nice and full. This is one stick i'm going to keep in my humidor as a special moment cigar. Its one i want to smoke only when i really want to take my time and enjoy all the complexity that is here and not be bothered by the world. this is a win for EZ.

Last edited by Maccabee; 07-13-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote