Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2002, 06:54 PM   #3
Chin

from a thread at CF.com from 2000:Subject: Dante tasting
Date: 01/27/00 10:00 AM

The story is they were in a curing room for years. The Dante was discontinued in 94ish. Also, the recently released Dantes have Conn shade and I'm pretty damn sure they were standard Fuente natural and maduro wrappers years ago. This is an inconsistency that can only be answered by Carlito. Bits and pieces of the tale behind these "newer" Dantes should be treated like rumors till a definitive answer is "spoken from the horse's mouth". Okay now, I just got started....

As most know, I've been searching for these, particularily in maduro, for years. My friends tell tales about the wonder of Dantes from years past. My friends speak so highly of that cigar to this day! They dream about them. They even go so far as to criticize this BB for having so few people who even heard of them. My search at this BB began like in April. Anyway, through a few contacts that have contacts with Carlito, all of a sudden BOOM there they are, released to the public.The rumors I've heard were they were aging in a curing room for years and only recently boxed and celloed. So, the boxes were just sitting around??? It seems that around 3000 cigars were released recently. That's alot of sticks and boxes just sitting around. Why is the wrapper Conn. shade and not standard natural??? Is my quest over to find a 5 to 6 year old cigar that was the same as my friends talk about with such fondness??? I don't know.