Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

601 Green Oscuro

Very unimpressed.

Ok, I'll try to be a LITTLE more descriptive.
Got a 5-pack of these recently and after reading some reviews I was looking forward to trying them, but as stated above, very unimpressed.
This cigar was for me, medium strength, and I suppose medium bodied. However the "body" was at times somewhat thin with a flavor twang I couldn't quite put my finger on at first. The burn was fine, never really needing any touch ups. I kept waiting for this cigar to morph into something I would enjoy, it just never did. As I hung in there waiting, it finally dawned on me what that flavor twang reminded me of.......it was similar to the flavor profile of the Remedios, so if you are a fan of those, the 601 might very well appeal to you.
I'll wait a bit and then give these another try. You never know, I could have gotten one that was just "off".

OR this could be the flavor profile they were going for in this cigar which just happens to be a flavor I don't care for. If that's the case, the good news is there will just be more of these for the rest of you guys!