Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2002, 08:02 PM   #1
Hendrix
Club Member

I'm going to preface my review by saying that I have always been critical of OpusX cigars and never ever had one that was a "religous-experience"

Thanks to My friend:
Finnman...I can say that I have now had it!!!

APPEARANCE:
Very Big and inviting cigar..not to many oils and smoother veined than most Opus I have smoked!

DRAW:
Being a big cigar...I thought there would be problems...but the draw was absoluteley perfect!!!

CONSTRUCTION/BURN:
Well-made...no soft spots...but I did re-light some trouble spots every now and then.

TASTE/AROMA:
Here is where this cigar excelled!!
Pre-light aroma was Heavy tobbacco smell with a nose tingling sting...like from an island I know!The cigar was Full-bodied throughout the length..almost strong but no harshness at all.The taste was FU**ING AWESOME!!!It changed from chocolate to hazelnut to cherry and other sweet flavors I can't pinpoint!In a word....COMPLEX!!!!
The aroma while this thing buned smelled of Hazelnuts...really....just fantastic!!!

SUMMARRY:
While the "A" size is not my favorite of sizes....this was 2.5 hours of smoking with one of the tobbacco GODS...truly RELIGOUS!!
There is a "NEW" cigar on my list as being "The Best I've Ever Had"....and this was it!!

A solid 97..IMO!!

Edited by - hendrix on 03/20/2002 10:05:17 PM
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote