Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2002, 11:45 PM   #1
Jimdandee

Evening Gents,

I have been a big fan of the new blend of Ramon Allones pretty much since their release. Up until today I had smoked all the sizes except The Ultimo (6 1/2 x 49),comes in a box of 25 for 59.95 at Abnersworld.
This cigar is just outstanding. Beautiful carmel colored wrapper with some veining.
Nice uniform construction. Superb draw, burned dead even from start to fini. Ash was almost snow white with flecks of gray and it was fairly solid too. This cigar has a flavor profile that is downright pleasant. Some earthy flavors with hints of nutmeg, anise, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't quite put my finger on. This Ultimo has a nice core of full bodied pleasure with no trace of harshness and it's not as heavy of a hitter as the other sizes I have tried. I thought to myself after smokig one...this must surely be a fluke....no way a 2.40 cent cigar can have this much flavor and be this good. So, after a nice big sushi dinner and a few cups of green tea....I decided that sometimes in life you just have to say..WTF...so I did..and lit a second one.
Badda friggin BING..same flavors, same quality, an absolutely delightful cigar.
I am just nubbing the second one..and fellas..all I can say is....if you are a fan of full flavored, full bodied, well made, smooth cigars...go and git ya some of these..holy moly batman....these are just the cats meow boys! Aint it great that us vets of the brotherhood are able to buy and enjoy so many great cigars at such reasonable prices these days? Hell, during the boom a cigar like this and many of my other curent faves did not even exist..at any price. Correct me if I'm wrong but we were paying 2 to 3 times this amount for cigars that were often downright Sh*tty tasting and made like crap to boot. Viva la Ramon.