Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2003, 03:22 PM   #1
SlamFire
Club Member

Plasencia Reserva Organica

Origin and shtick: Nicaragua. Organic is the theme, no chemical pesticides etc. Box was very nice without being over the top gaudy. Simplistic yet well crafted. Constructed of 1/2" spanish cedar through out, with 2 trays separating the individual cigars (quite similar to what Vern is making).

Construction and apeareance: Fairly dark natural wrapper, lacking visible tooth with a moderate amount of small veins. Being wrapped in cedar is a good thing for 2 reason, skipping the obvious and noting the second, the natural wrapper on the cigars seems to me a bit fragile and having the extra protection provided by the cedar is a plus.

Size: I smoked both, Corona and Robusto.

Price: I've seen them locally for $8.50 a stick, cheapest online source is around $6.50 @ box price.

Cut and Prelight: Cigar cut well despite its fragile wrapper, no splits or cracks even with a cheapo double guillotine. Pre light, I honestly don't remember!

Smoking the goofy thing: Very smooth flavor, slightly sweet and fairly complex, my attention was kept throughout the length as the cigar burned evenly. This was a great balance for me, definitely not all out complex, yet not at all boring in the least.

Conclusion: No doubt this cigar was meant to portray the finest Nester Plasencia is currently producing, from the construction and flavor of the actual cigar to its packaging it's safe to say that mission was accomplished. Do yourself a big favor, hunt one of these down and enjoy!

http://members.cox.net/slamfire/PB083223.jpg
When she gave me back the power to believe
SlamFire is offline   Reply With Quote