Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2002, 09:06 PM   #1
dwhale69

This is the third of four reviews between Sevenmag and myself.

Cigar #3
A fine looking parejo torpedo with a great prelight aroma and apperance. Smelled of good quality tobacco and co-co. Slightly veined and well packed with a medium chocolate brown/reddish wrapper.
Lit well, but had an extremely tight draw. The flavor was extremely good from the start, with a medium strenght and body; hints of nuts and chocolate with an overall decent tobacco taste.
This is where the good part ended... the draw on this cigar was VERY tight. I don't mind working for some flavorful smoke, but this cigar bordered on ridiculous. After a little more than half way down, I attempted to open it up with a metal skewer (al-a draw poker) but to no avail.
It actually distracted me from giving a proper flavor provile/review for this otherwize great cigar.
I hate to say, but I could not give this cigar a respectable review because of the draw problems.
Flavor - excellent
Appearance - good
Construction - poor (almost plugged)

If I were to guess on which cigar this was... I would say it almost tasted like a Perdomo product, or one of the new Criollo cigars on the market.

Too bad the draw problems were so bad, otherwise this would be a great cigar.

So, Todd... what was it???
If it wasn't for the construction problems, I would have given this cigar a top-notch rating.
dwhale69 is offline   Reply With Quote