Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2002, 01:56 AM   #1
stempler
Club Member

My first review is on a Monte #2. Can't go wrong with this on eh.
Prelight sniff was good to excellent. Wrapper had tiny veins and was colorado colored, cap was very nicely applied. Overall an very very nicely consructed cigar.
After cut pre light draw was kinda firm but typical of most monte's I have smoked.
I fired the foot with my torch and added a little more flame on lighting. The first draw was kinda papery and spicey. After the first inch the monte tast was in full tilt all the way to the last half inch. I had those little white spots on the ash, thousands of them. The flavor was cedar a little toast a little nutmeg a little cocoa and that distinctive monte tast that I can not put a finger on yet.
Over all this is the best smoke I have ever had I really don't think there is a better on the planet. Uh is it wrong to say it almost gave me a woody.
stempler is offline   Reply With Quote