Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2002, 02:46 PM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

This is a brand new vitola in the LLMF line, with chests scheduled to be on the market in a few weeks.
Those of you who are already fans of the LLMF line.....you're gonna LOVE these!
It is a 6x54 cuadrado pressed Gran Toro, and the sample I had was heavy with a "rock solid" feel to it.
I set aside 2 hrs. on Sunday to relax and enjoy this smoke, so needless to say, my anticipation was pretty high.(I was not dissapointed)
Upon putting a torch to the foot I found myself surrounded by a thick cloud of smoke.
My first draw produced a very nice nose tingle(which I like) with a mouthful of rich full flavor!
This cigar is part of the new blend of MF line, and this vitola was created to supposedly be "kicked up a notch" from the already "full strength" LLMF line of cigars.....and that it was!
the burn was even all the way thru, with no corrections needed. The rich flavor was full and consistent from start to finish. The strength started high on the richter scale.....mellowed just a tiny bit, and then returned full force for the final home stretch.
If I had to compare this cigar to another, it would have to be to it's own bretheren the LLMF Colada. There is more complexity in this cigar than in the Colada, and there is something in this new blend that I cannot quite put my finger on.....but whatever it is, I LIKE IT!
I believe Gael has a winner on his hands here, and I will definitely be ordering a chest of these as soon as they are available. I would highly recommend that any fans of Full bodied/strength cigars with rich flavors do the same.