Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
olotti
Club Member

Camacho Coyolar vs. Camacho Corojo

While this will not be a Jazznut review as only the man can do I'd thought I'd share some thoughts on the two. First I smoked the Coyolar in the Grand Toro size to see what she was like. Basically my impressions were for the first 1/4 pure power but then it opened up into some nice coffee flavor with a little spice. The finish was pretty linear and reminded me of the strongest nc's such as the LfD Double Ligero Chisel and JdN Antono Beli which are 2 of my favs for power. After that the taste stayed pretty much the same, more power than complexity with a metallic finish which is basically all the Vitamin N. Not a bad smoke but if you want power than this is the dog. Shortly after, maybe about an hour, I light up the corojo one of my fav nc smokes all around. This smoke started out much in the same but opened up alot more than the Coyolar. The power was still there but in a different level. I had taste of pepper, sugar, woodiness and a much better finish, it didn't carry the metallic nicotine heavy finish as its bigger brother but it was still strong. Basically I would chose the Corojo over the two as I think it is one of the best nc's available but if you want power I would group the coyolar into the same family as the LfD Double Ligero and JdN Antono. However out of the 3 I think the JdN has more complexity when it comes to overall flavor and the Coyolar and LfD have more in common. I know this review is kind of all over the place so I'll do this. If you want power go Coyolar and LfD and if you want power, flavor, and complexity go JdN and Camacho Corojo, the later which I still think can rival almost any cc. Take this for what it is worth, one man's slightly intoxicated review.

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -Homer Simpson
olotti is offline   Reply With Quote