Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
jaybo41
Club Member

BBF '04

I was fortunate enough to be introduced to the Bolivar Belicoso Fino by a very good friend.

This sunny afternoon seemed like a good day to enjoy one with the windows open. 50+ degrees in Pittsburgh this time of year is rare!

This cigar is a beaut, it fits nicely in the hands the size of the stick is perfect. Pre-lit aroma was very earthy with hints of spice, although specifically which ones I couldn't quite put my fingers on. I'd find out as I smoked it. The wrapper was a beautiful mid colored brown, solid roll, firm to the touch and had a fairly consistent burn thoughout.

The first few draws were bold with a robust tobacco flavor. That soon gave way to a very earthy undertone with notes of cinnamon and cream.
The cinnamon and cream were constant thoughout, as well the smooth earthy undertone. The second 1/2 of the smoke had a solid dose of acidity and of the Vitamin N. I got hints of light pepper, grass, and cedar mixed in with the above mentioned characteristics. The flavors were somewhat dynamic in that each draw I took seemed to produce different flavors, especially in the second 1/2 of the burn. The last 1/2 really opened up.

This stick produces a fine rich smoke, but very "clean". It's nice knowing there are more of these gems in the humi
jaybo41 is offline   Reply With Quote