Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2005, 02:33 AM   #1
pauljmuk
Starting Member

Saint Luis Rey Petit Coronas

My latest review - and not a good one

This cigar was fairly new (a couple of months) - very nicely presented and wrapped, box pressed, and a medium light brown flawless wrapper. Cut superb and lit well too.

SLR are supposed to be medium to full flavoured. Not really how to guage this - certainly earthy, some wood - but throughout just "cigar" and nothing else - like a big fat version of the cheap cigars you buy a for £5 for a pack of ten (Hamlet over here inUK)

Also, though the burn was steady and slow, the draw seemed way too loose - massive mouthfulls of smoke - way too much. Not once through the smoke did I get a development of flavours - just tobacco.

Really dissapointed, and hope I just had a bad stick. Will get a another and stick it away for a a year perhaps.

6 out of 10