Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Cigar-related Magazine Submissions Requested

We really need some cigar-related content for the new magazine. It can be an article about a particular line of cigars, tours of a factory or travel to a cigar region or festival, a review of a particular vitola...anything cigar-related.

We're getting a respectable amount of lifestyle pieces, but this is CIGAR weekly. We need more content about cigars!

Don't worry if you don't think you write very well. We have a crack team of editors that can make you look good (as long as you aren't married to your prose). I've been with the magazine from the beginning, and I don't remember us ever turning a submission down (although we did have a couple of submissions that were married to their prose and resisted editorial refining of it).

What is unique about this publication and opposed to any other cigar publication is not only that it isn't industry-supported or driven, or that it's target audience isn't that rich bloke on his yacht drinking Cristal and herfing a Habano but rather the regular guy or professional that enjoys a good cigar. It's unique because 95% of the content it publishes comes from its membership. We want to publish articles that are of interest to you. The best way to insure them is to ask you to provide content that is of interest to you.

C'mon, guys! Hit me with it! Editing your prose only makes my skills stay sharp and even get better! Let's do this.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

BUMP!
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
CigarGuy36
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
We really need some cigar-related content for the new magazine. It can be an article about a particular line of cigars, tours of a factory or travel to a cigar region or festival, a review of a particular vitola...anything cigar-related.

We're getting a respectable amount of lifestyle pieces, but this is CIGAR weekly. We need more content about cigars!

Don't worry if you don't think you write very well. We have a crack team of editors that can make you look good (as long as you aren't married to your prose). I've been with the magazine from the beginning, and I don't remember us ever turning a submission down (although we did have a couple of submissions that were married to their prose and resisted editorial refining of it).

What is unique about this publication and opposed to any other cigar publication is not only that it isn't industry-supported or driven, or that it's target audience isn't that rich bloke on his yacht drinking Cristal and herfing a Habano but rather the regular guy or professional that enjoys a good cigar. It's unique because 95% of the content it publishes comes from its membership. We want to publish articles that are of interest to you. The best way to insure them is to ask you to provide content that is of interest to you.

C'mon, guys! Hit me with it! Editing your prose only makes my skills stay sharp and even get better! Let's do this.
Love it! Expect some more reviews from me in '15!
CigarGuy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
beevod
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post

How does one submit something???
Old 03-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Write it up and email it to bigjohn at cigarweekly dot com.
Plain text
Attach any pics as individual jpgs.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Old 03-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #6
beevod
Herf God

Noted
Old 03-26-2015, 08:20 PM   #7
Bob Dog
Starting Member

New User

new to the forums, looking forward to it!
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #8
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dog View Post
new to the forums, looking forward to it!
Welcome Bob!
All the stuff on cigarweekly.com, our 'magazine' is member created content! Let us know if you've got reviews or other article ideas you'd like to submit!!
Old 02-07-2023, 10:10 AM   #9
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

@BigJohn
@BigO

I know this thread is from 2015, but i recall one of you recently mentioning that you have a lack of current content for the magazine, and even wondering if anyone still reads it.

If your still looking for content, all of my reviews, posts and/or threads (the list of vendors with military/veterans discounts for example) are all fair game for you and i have no problem with them being altered as you see fit to make them better.

If my reviews are a little too obscure (early 2000's nc's), let me know and I'm happy to start reviewing current production stuff for you to edit/make suitable. I smoke a really wide variety of current marca and vitolas

Just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.

I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 02-07-2023 at 10:22 AM.
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:21 PM   #10
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Much appreciated Sean!