Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Hoyo Epicure #2 review

Smoked it on the balcony of the Gran Bahia Principe at 5:30am with hot tea.

Appearance - light tan wrapper, slightly reddish. Thin veins, nice cap. Overall an excellent looking cigar. 5/5

Construction - Firm feel, nice draw, even burn, no relights, no running. 5/5

Flavor - Wow, the flavor is very nice, some earth, some sweet tobacco flavor, no spiciness. There is this slight floral element in the background but it does not detract from what this cigar has to offer. It started off a bit bitter but then after a few puffs, the bitterness was gone. Rich in flavor, medium in strength, approachable in power. The flavors are awesome! 7/10

Final thoughts - I have to say, this cigar is what I call a "great way to start the day" cigar. It's not overwhelming, but perfect for the morning with coffee. Flavors are fantastic! After smoking this cigar, I knew I was going to have a GREAT DAY. It might be on the mild side for some, but I think anyone who loves great Cuban tobacco flavor will enjoy what this cigar has to offer.

17/20 Recommend
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote