Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2004, 09:14 PM   #1
Cigar_Ben
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Perdomo at Habana Shop Shop in Jackson, Mississippi

Fellow BOTL,

I just have to share the experience I had today at the Habana Smoke Shop in Jackson, MS. Billy Perdomo from Perdomo and Ekert were on had to demonstrate rolling one of their fine cigars. I drove up from the Gulf Coast to see this and to meet some of our fellow BOTL from Jackson. I arrived around noon and stood by and watched Billy roll a few cigars. He finished the one he was working on and I mention to him how fascinating it was watching him do that. He explained to me step by step the process of rolling. When he finished he turned to me and asked me if I would like to try. I was kinda scared at first. I mean, me, roll a cigar? Yea, right. Then i thought, how can I turn down a cigar rolling lesson from Billy Perdomo?

He showed me step by step everything. It was awesome. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it was a lot better than I figured I would do. About that time Catdaddy and Sancho Panza show up. We watched Billy and Ekert roll more cigars and talked about cigars, the Ron Artest fight and football. It was great. I got to try one of the new Champagne cigars. Man, that is one tasty cigar. I think the great time I was having made it taste even better. We couldn't agree on whether is was mild, full or medium. I thought medium. They gave me a red Perdomo hat and they gave me another one for buying a fiver. I asked Billy to autograph my hat. I'm going to display it in my office. Whenever anyone comes into my office, its the first thing they will see. It was a great time. Special thanks to Billy Perdomo and Ekert and thanks to Catdaddy and Sancho Panza for make it such a great day. Wish everyone could have been there.

PERDOMO

PS - Someone owes someone a dollar!

PSS - LA, Ralph and Jimmy were the best hosts you could have asked for! BBMF is one great guy.

Cigar-Coop.com
Cigar_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote