Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2002, 11:35 PM   #1
Jimdandee

Having a lil nightcap here boys...A cup o decaf and an RA Gustoso.

This 5x50 cigar is a lil powerhouse...the cigar comes wrapped in a really nice LaVega Especial wrapper....that is spicey and looks pretty damn nice too. Lots of ligero in this little guy...but still offer real nice balance between power and flavor. Real nice layed complex flavors with traces of nutmeg and other stuff I really enjoy. This cigar had a few minor soft spots..but draws well, burns well, and smokes real well. A realy superb cigar for the $...54.95 for a box of 25 at Abnersworld...and they come in a nice looking box with each cello'd cigar having its own thin cedar sleeve. The Maestro 5 1/2 x 54 in this brand is a superb cigar as well.
A really nice smoke...and probably not the right choice for just before bed..but hey..I'll be fine. I don't assign ratings to cigars like some...but this is on my top 5 current fave list..and will be there for a while....as I layed in quite a nice supply of these babies. Great flavors, excellent power, and a true bargain if you like the fuller bodied..fuller flavored variety of ceegars. Good night y'all. BTW...an interesting note on this one...I like to remove these and smoke them right away from the humi..68 to 72% RH....letting these dry down in a dry box does not work for me..they seem to take on a fair amount of harshness using that method...but what do i know???