Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Anyone remember Pinars?

Those sticks purportedly made with "pre-embargo" Cuban tobacco warehoused in the '50's and tied up in probate until 2003 or thereabouts? I remember the argy-bargy and chimp-screaming by the naysayers, and eventually the hue and cry driving the price into the dumper. I picked up a few fivers of the P2000's (robustos with "85% PE Cuban/15% Ecuadorian" tobacco) from C-Bid for like $15 each before they disappeared altogether, thought they were solid smokes for the price regardless of their origin.

Well, rooting around in the rotation coolerdor for a lawn mowing smoke yesterday, I stumbled across a few that had somehow escaped my attention for the last decade. They've mellowed over the years, softened from medium to mild body but they've maintained nice flavors. Would make a very nice morning smoke with coffee. Not sorry I grabbed some...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote